Monday, May 14, 2012

The Routine

I think I'm finally comfortable enough with my routine that I can really get some things done. I live far enough away that I can still take a nice walk to work (save gas $ and get exercise).

There is SO much going on, though. Not only with the clients I have at Royal Heir Ent but with my work at Indie Power. From the Indie Entertainment Summit to and the DVD series, there is a lot to do. PLUS I'm [still] waiting on my site to be done and I'M updating the Indie Power sites (some of which are in desperate need of makeovers).

 The main focus is on my clients, though. Some people are just so IMPATIENT that it's frustrating. No one "gets discovered" anymore. Paying for followers doesn't make you famous. Paying for YouTube views doesn't make you a star. If some exec IS dumb enough to sign you off that then you most likely get a crappy deal and won't last long.

 It's not worth it.

I'm working on some tour flyers for an artist we're working with named Copywrite for his west coast tour (possibly more dates). His new album God Save the King got an XL from XXL mag and broke the Billboard top 100.


. Earlier I spent the day with a pimp named Slim Diamond who was in the office with our designer on the cover of his new book. You may remember his documentary, The 10 Pimp Commandments.


Working on finally finalizing a deal with a drink company. I'm excited to see where this will go. I'm sitting in on a meeting but I've been in the office for 10.5 hours so far and I'm just tired.

Til next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment